Donor Conference Visit
In July 2016 Sanquin’s Donor Studies Department visited the 2nd European Conference on Donor Health and Management (ECDHM) in Cambridge, United Kingdom. A total of 6 oral presentations and 5 posters were presented by our team at this international conference that brings together researchers, policy makers and professionals in the field of donor research, blood transfusion and organ transplantation. Elisabeth Huis in ‘t Veld received an award for ‘Best Abstract’ and Katja van den Hurk for ‘Best Oral Presentation’.
The 2nd European Conference on Donor Health and Management (ECDHM) took place in Cambridge, United Kingdom on July 13-15, 2016. The Department of Donor Studies of Sanquin Research delivered 6 oral presentations and 5 poster presentations. Many of the poster and oral presentations use Donor InSight as main or background data source.
Awarded ‘Best Abstract’: Elisabeth Huis in ‘t Veld
Awarded ‘Best Oral Presentation’: Katja van den Hurk
- De Kort, W. (2016, July). Donors and donor healthcare professionals: an intriguing couple. In De Burg, P. (Chair), Interacting with donors.
- Huis in ‘t Veld, E., Merz, E.-M., & De Kort, W. (2016, July). Determinants of blood donation willingness in the European Union. In Williamson, L. (Chair), Plenary: Best abstracts & closing address.
- Merz, E.-M., & De Kort, W. (2016, July). Blood donor return behaviour after donation invitations: A multi-level approach. In Bokhorst, A. (Chair), Donor recruitment.
- Van Brummelen, S.P.J. (2016, July). Waiting time based staff planning at Sanquin blood collection sites. In De Burg, P. (Chair), Interacting with donors.
- Van den Hurk, K., Baart, A.M., De Kort, W., Pasker-de Jong, P.C. (2016, July). Invasive and non-invasive haemoglobin assessment: precision and practicability evaluated in the Netherlands - the HAPPEN study. In Di Angelantonio, E. (Chair), Blood: Iron/ erythropoiesis.
- Van den Hurk, K., Zalpuri, S., Prinsze, F.J., Merz, E.-M., & De Kort, W. (2016, July). Associations of health status with donation cessation - an alternative perspective on the Healthy Donor Effect from Donor InSight. In De Kort, W. (Chair), Donor selection and its contribution to safety.
- Hermans, F., Romeijn, B., Van den Brekel, E., Marijt-van der Kreek, T., Van Dongen, A., & Wiersum-Osselton, J. (2016, July). Donation experience of young inexperienced whole blood donors.
- Hoogerwerf, M.D., Van Dongen, A., Middelburg, R.A., Merz, E.-M., Sluiter, J.K., Frings-Dresen, M.H.W., De Kort, W.L.A.M., & Veldhuizen, I.J. (2016, July). Negative experiences and pre-donation blood pressure: the role of attitude and anxiety.
- Piersma, T.G., Merz, E.-M., Bekkers, R., De Kort, W., & Klinkenberg, E.F. (2016, July). Individual, contextual and network characteristics of donors and non-donors: a systematic review of recent literature.
- Prinsze, F., Romeijn, B., Niesing, P., Merz, E.-M., & De Kort, W. (2016, July). Comparing the active Dutch whole blood donor population from 2011, 2013 and 2015 using DOMAINE profiles.
- Romeijn, B., Merz, E.-M., Kok, G., De Kort, W., & Van Dongen, A. (2016, July). Revising the blood donor policy for men who have had sex with men: Implications for the donor pool.
In the picture from left to right: Lisanne Huis in ‘t Veld, Femmeke Prinsze, Maurits Hoogerwerf, Saurabh Zalpuri, Bas Romeijn, Katja van den Hurk, Tjeerd Piersma, Rosa de Groot and Eva-Maria Merz (all from Sanquin Donor Studies).