Masterclass on Biologics - towards personalized medicine
In this one day course key opinion leaders in the biologics field will share the latest information on pharmacokinetics (PK) and immunogenicity of biologics. In depth information on assay formats and how to interpret PK and anti-drug antibody (ADA) data will be shared with a focus on antibody therapy in oncology and rheumatoid arthritis.
Date: 27 October 2017 (9:00-18:00)
Location: Sanquin, Plesmanlaan 125, 1066 CX Amsterdam
In this masterclass both clinical practice as well as background knowledge will be shared and discussed with you. Prof. dr. A.D.R. Huitema (Clinical Pharmacologist at the Netherlands Cancer Institute/Utrecht University) will give insight into TDM of biologics in oncology. Dr Gertjan Wolbink (Rheumatologist at the Jan van Breemen Research Institute/ Reade/Sanquin) on how to use serum measurements PK/ADA in the clinic towards personalized medicine. More in depth information on assay/ assay formats and how to interpret the data will be given by Dr Theo Rispens (Sanquin Research) and Dr Annick de Vries (Sanquin Diagnostic Services) and other Sanquin team members.
There will be a lot of time for discussion and answering the questions you have on Biologics.
The following topics will be covered:
- Immunogenicity and TNF-blockers
- Pharmacokinetics of Biologics - from TNF inhibitors to PD-1 inhibitors
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Antibody therapy in Oncology and Inflammatory diseases (IBD, MS, RA)
- How to use serum PK and ADA measurements in the clinic
- The latest developments in PK and ADA measurements
- Natalizumab PK/ADA
- Visit to the Sanquin Laboratories
- Ample networking opportunities