Donors are the heart of the Dutch blood supply. The donors’ interests thus have the full attention of Sanquin Blood Supply. Sanquin places a high value on donors being involved in and giving advice on donor-related issues. This is why Sanquin set up the Donor Advisory Council.
The Donor Advisory Council
The Donor Advisory Council (DAC) is the consultative body between Sanquin and the donors and has the following objectives:
- to represent - within the scope of Sanquin's objectives - the common interests of all donors, especially contributing to the monitoring and promotion of the quality aspects of donation that are directly relevant to the experience and well-being of the donors;
- to develop an effective and efficient form of consultation and cooperation with Sanquin's Executive Board, with the following goals:
a. to involve Sanquin's donors in Sanquin's donor-related policy;
b. to exchange information with regard to the quality of the care that Sanquin is to provide to donors.
The Executive Board and the Donor Advisory Council have set forth the corresponding rights and obligations in the Regulation (in Dutch / PDF). The DAC is the successor of the National Donor Council.
- Ms E.S. Bringmann, Independent Chair
- Ms A.M. Hagen (Vice-Chair)
- Ms E.C.L.G. Zoetman-Hermans
- Ms P.F.A.M. Kolman-Backbier
- Ms M. Bosman-Mulder
- Ms M. Kleemans
- Mr A. Eversdijk
- Mr H. van der Meij
- Mr S.H. Kruithof
- Mr G.D. Zwanenburg, Representative Dutch Donor Association
- Job opening, Representative Dutch Youth Committee (youth donor association)
Permanent consultation partners on behalf of Sanquin:
- Ms M.G.J. van Kraaij (MD PhD), Director Donor Issues and Transfusion Medicine Unit
- Ms D. Laeijendecker, Manager Donor Relations
DAC Secretarial Office:
- Ms D.E. Loeff-Wolthuizen, Official Secretary
Communication with blood donors
The DAC issues an annual report about its activities. The reports of the former National Donor Council (in Dutch) from 2012 (PDF), 2013 (PDF) and 2014 (PDF) and the DAC report from 2015 (PDF) can be found online.
The Donor Advisory Council informs donors via Sanquin's communications media:
- Bloedverwant: the Bloedverwant (Blood Relative) magazine comes out twice per year and is sent to donors by mail.
- Gul (in Dutch): Gul (Generous) is the online donor magazine for blood donors, with news about donating, useful tips and current information.
- Sanquin's website.
You can direct your questions or suggestions for the Donor Advisory Council to the Donor Advisory Council's Secretarial Office.