Q&Q DNA Home Test
Are you curious about your biological paternity, maternity, parenthood or other family kinship? You can easily perform a non-legal DNA test at home, with the Q&Q DNA Home Test. You collect DNA samples discreetly and confidentially in the privacy of your home. Sanquin will perform the DNA analysis.
The Q&Q DNA Home Test is a service for individuals - a confidential DNA test, which can be ordered online or by phone. It's easy to collect the DNA samples at home with the detailed instructions. This test is suitable for determining kinship in ‘non-legal’ matters or for curiosity about parentage. The results of the DNA Home Test cannot be used for legal purposes.
Why a Q&Q DNA Home Test?
- The Q&Q DNA Home Test is a personal DNA test.
- The Q&Q DNA Home Test is one to which all parties agree and is therefore reliable, open and honest.
- The Q&Q DNA Home Test is based on cheek swabs, which can be collected easily and painlessly from the inside of the cheek.
- Sanquin is responsible for the DNA analysis and the final report.
The contents of the DNA collection kit
The DNA collection kit contains all the necessary consent forms and DNA collection materials for conducting a cheek cell swab test:
- English instructions for the collection procedure
- Per participant, one or two sets of two sterile cheek swabs
- One pair of disposable gloves
- One sample collection envelope per participant
- Packaging materials for return shipment
Secure transportation of your DNA samples
Sanquin offers you the opportunity to send your DNA samples by registered mail to Sanquin. You will also receive the Sanquin results by registered mail.
Secure transportation is only possible in the Netherlands.
NB. With the information from our DNA tests it is not possible to tell whether a person has a disease or is a carrier of a hereditary disease.